Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Clam Chowda good for the soul!

Sunday Pete took my son out on the boat, they went clamming and came BACK with a haul! Sunday we roasted them on the grill, yesterday I made homemade New England Clam Chowda as we sit back home, and yes while I have a thick southern drawl I am a nawthana not that I like to admit that,Maine and the southern part of the US are oh so different, in the south men are brought up different, I remember the FIRST time I dated a guy in the Navy from the south, He went to open the truck door for me and I about slapped him,(thus not knowing they are raised to be gentlemen and do such things as this) guys from Maine,Oh yeah sure they don't open doors ANY doors, and they NEVER let the lady go first.
  they are also extremely rude and crass and tend to be its all about me, men from the south it is about the date they are with they pull out the chairs,they ask you to order first and they are just sweet, thinking of simple things to put that little spark into the lady they love, I am especially blessed with a man who doesn't buy stuff I wont use but gets me things that he knows I will totally ADORE my signed Tim Tebow full size helmet, My cookware,a pair of lacers that he knows I want, things he knows I will USE and totally love and on a simple occasion I will get the flowers, but that is mostly if he is deployed across the seas (which has been alot) I think that for the one time in my life, I made a bonus descision when I married my Cali man he has adapted to wranglers from levis THANK GOD! and wears boots, opens my truck door even if I am driving,and loves me for me, even when I am in the midst of breaking because of our significant loss of Christian, which there are no words to even describe how I feel.
  So if you think I am to bitchy brass sassy or narrow minded know this about me, this is no one way or the other with me, it is what it is and that is what it will be, but be aware I am fiercely loyal to those I hold close and I will fight the fight and when I say it you can be 100% sure I mean it, there is no happy medium, so next time when I ask you CAN YOU PROTECT MY SON and you say YES, and I say okkkkk but if anything happens to HIM Hell will be coming and I will be BEHIND IT! believe me I am no joker when it comes to my kids, I didnt give up a career to be Mother to a family so my soldier could do HIS job for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment