Friday, November 12, 2010

Your 17th Birthday

The morning of your birthday I didnt want to get up, I did though and I went to work, making the chili getting everything ready , Sissy and Hunter didnt want to go to school the others had test to take and had no choice, then I went to the store to get your party stuff, black blue and purple balloons Happy Birthday Balloons with your name Christian, you would love it, black and blue plates and napkins  purple trays food coloring and black frosting and blue airbrush food coloring, white cake mix and CHERRIES! yes your favorite cherry cake cherry frosting. only it was a purple cake with purple and black frosting, then Sissy and I stopped at the dollar tree after all Our Fallen from the Nov 5th shooting last year on Fort Hood we cant forget them you told me you would always remember them Red white and blue stars with the 13 Fallen soldiers and civilians names on each after all we are a proud Army family.
   I got home and Im running late yes me running late, We get everything ready hang your banner put your pictures up blow up your balloons hang them outside then get the purple black and blue balloons ready . Cake is done we take it and put it in the freezer to cool and then we get people coming over they show up Ryan,Kelleh,Rach,Laura,Jordan Nikki,Mike Sharon,Christina,Matt, Summer, Bubba J ,Ariel, there are some special people missing but they are here in spirit.
  Holy COW its 5:54 We rush to get your balloons, pass them out take down the other ones for the Fort Hood Victims( I still remember your call that day frantic about Dad what end of post was he on is he ok he isnt answering his fone and I soothingly tell you He is ok he works on the other end of Fort Hood) we hang up he calls you you breath a sigh of relief.
  its 5:58 we let the balloons go they go up and stay together and go to the right, drifting to you Baby Boy My handsome boy is now a man and your not here, you should be though,but because of the punks they took you away from the family who loved you.

No comments:

Post a Comment